Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Real Wedding: Swanky & Sultry DC Wedding

I remember my first meeting with the bride. She blew me away when she described her wedding venue: An Upscale Burlesque Restaurant and Bar in Washington, DC named SAX. I had never heard of the place and to be honest, I could not visualize how this would work for a wedding! But this girl knew exactly what she wanted, and her vision and ideas were very clear right from the start. During our first walk-through of the venue I was immediately blown away by the detail and richness of the decor in this place! It was like Interview with the Vampire meets Marie Antoinette. I immediately saw why the bride had fallen in love with this place. As the weeks of pre-planning went on, we discovered that the unorthodox choice in venue and theme did not come without it's challenges. The ceremony logistics alone were extremely challenging-the bride and groom were to exchange vows in huge glass enclosure right above the bar. But all in all the wedding was a huge success, and everyone had a blast. Congratulations once again to the fun couple, this was truly a memorable experience for all involved!

 
Venue: SAX-DC
Planner: A Bride's BFF

No comments :

Post a Comment