Sunday, January 12, 2014

Advice For a Happy Marriage

Here is a compilation of some of the best pieces of advice I've heard on how to have and maintain a happy marriage.

Come as You Are
"Marry someone you love exactly as they are, and be sure they feel the same. That way, you'll never expect more of each other than you are each happy to give. I didn't realize this until my second marriage. Another secret? Don't get married until you're sure of who you are."
Lisa Noll
Martinsburg, West Virginia

"We choose to stay in love. We have traversed parenting, careers, finances, the loss of a pregnancy and loved ones, and fussing over whose turn it is to cook breakfast. He watches Pride and Prejudice for me, and I watch Ultimate Fighting Championship for him. We've changed, but we still choose each other."
Leah Moon
Toledo, Ohio

"My husband and I always make sure that the bedroom is our private place. Not just for physical intimacy, but for having a space to talk and be together."
Carol Czerniawski
Palatine, Illinois

"I once asked an elderly neighbor this very same question. He and his wife had been married more than 50 years. He replied, 'Oh, my dear, it's really very simple. My wife and I agreed long ago that I'd make all the big decisions and she'd make all the little decisions. And in all these years together, there just haven't been any big decisions.'
Cecilia Saad
Washington, D.C
.
Source: Real Simple
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment